BBQ Events & Doings
BBQ Contests & Past Info
Recipes, Smoking Meats
Military Charitable Events
BBQbyDan Web Index
& Rubs -
KCBS BBQ Cook-Off Info
Links, BBQ & Related
Web Site Index
Simple Green Cleaning Products are used
Chafing Dishes, Wind Guards, Chafing Dish Skirts, Chafer
Safety Barrier, Induction and Butane Cooker Guards.
Japanese Fried Rice,
By Dan & Barbara Cannon
4 uncooked cups rice
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup diced onion (1/2 small onion)
1/4 - 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded Smoked Brisket
1/2 cup shredded Smoked Butt
1/2 cup shredded Smoked Chicken
1/2 cup diced smoked ribs bits
1/2 cube butter
3/4 to 1 cup soy sauce
This recipe make a LOT. Reduce proportions as required.
1. Cook rice by putting in water and bring to boil. Then transfer to metal draining pan and cover. Put that pan then within another pan
with boiling water below, but not touching water. Let rice finish cooking, about 1/2 hour. This method better than boiling in that
it allows it to not be sticky or damp. More like a dryer fried rice.
2. Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat. Separate the scrambled chunks of egg into small pea-size bits while cooking.
3. In over-size cast iron frying pan put butter in pan, toss in onions and cook till
translucent. Then toss in all diced meats.
Cook till almost browned, but not burnt. Then toss in 1/4 cup
4. Spoon in rice, while stirring, till pan filled comfortably. Continue to stir. Add additional oil if appropriate. Then stir in
1/2 cup of Soy sauce. Stir till rice totally brown. Add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Soy sauce to obtain desired texture, color, and
5. Stir in peas, carrots, and eggs and mix thoroughly. Salt and Pepper to taste. Remember, Soy is already salty so be careful.
That should do it.
Dan & Barbara Cannon, 4/4/99
BBQ Bivouac™, CRK Specialty Q™,
Coyote Road Kill™
BBQbyDan.com™, BBQDan.com™, BBQWhisperer.com™,
Registered Trademark (BBQbyDan®
Class 030, 035, 043), Service Marks, & Trademarks, claimed 1998-2015 by BBQbyDan
1998-2015, BBQDan.com, BBQbyDan.com, BBQWhisperer.com,
& CoyoteRoadKill.com websites
All rights reserved. No content can be used for
commercial purposes without written consent.
Content used for
educational purposes or media review must include appropriate source
06 Jan 2015 12:33