by Bill Wight at www.cbbqa.com
2004 KCBS RULES and REGULATIONS for KIDS-Q
There are no Kid's Q rule changes for 2004
THERE WILL BE TWO (2) AGE GROUP DISTINCTIONS:
10 and under
11 to 15
2. PREPARATION, COOKING AND PRESENTATION
The child must do the preparation, cooking and presentation. Parents may
help with fires and slicing or anything considered dangerous. If a child
is unable to do all of the above on his own, he is too young to cook.
3. Handicapped children need not be eliminated
from competition, but will be allowed to do as much as they are able with
some help from an assigned person.
4. Organizers may handle Kid's-Q competitions
either of the following ways:
A. Designate an area for cooking. All children will cook in
that area on their own grills. (Families with more than one child
participating can cook on the same grill.) Presentations must be done at
the cooking site.
B. Cooking at the parent's site. An appointed person from
must be on site during cooking and presentation.
5. A parent must be present with the child during
the entire cooking process.
6. Slicing meat for presentation is not required. Judges will be equipped
slice the presentation at the judging table.